- Working Groups
- Links & High School Forum
- Garden work parties
- Fair & Outings
- In terms of the Notarial Trust Deed of the Michael Oak School Association, the Trustees are responsible for ensuring that the objective of the Trust is achieved, essentially to organise and promote the teaching of children in accordance with the principles and methods expounded by Rudolf Steiner. The Trustees are also responsible for the long term sustainability and the legal and financial stability of the school. Their roles and responsibilities are set out in the Board of Trustees Charter and depicted in the governance Organogram.The Trustees comprise of a minimum of six and a maximum of twelve members, at least three of whom need to be teachers. The parent members are selected annually as recommended by the Nominations Committee, which is made up of two members each from College, the current Trustees and the Links Group. The Trustees can co-opt new members in the course of the year where space allows.Members: 2021-2022: Len Verwey (Chair), Fiona Grant (Secretary), Wayne de Wet (Treasurer), Ajay Trikham, Claudia McCaig, Faatimah Mohamed-Luke, Leigh Whitesman, Nick Desmond-Smith, Nicola Wong, Roy Davids & Tine Bohm. Admin Rep on Trustees (non-voting): George Gabriel.
Dear Michael Oak Community
Help raise funds for our school and others with the MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet Fundraising programme. MySchool contributes over R8 million to their beneficiaries every month. Michael Oak benefits by around R3000 per month through our supporters. As a supporter it doesn’t cost you an extra cent to make a difference, and it can save you money.
How does the Programme work?
Get a card (see below) then simply swipe your MySchool Card when you shop at one of the many MySchool partners. These include Woolworths, Engen QuickShops, Walton’s, Toys R Us, Reggie’s, Altech Netstar and Power24.co.za prepaid electricity to name just a few. They donate a percentage of your spend to our school. There is no extra cost to you.
Card holders also automatically qualify to be a part of the Woolworths WRewards programme, which offers up to 20% off instantly on over 1000 items in store.
How do I get started?
- Download, complete and return to the school this application form >> MySchool Application PDF
- Apply online at www.myschool.co.za or via phone at 0860 100 445.
- Ask at any Woolworths branch.
Remember that our school name is the beneficiary.
Note: The supporter card is not a credit or debit card.
Already have a card?
You don’t need a new card – just add us as a beneficiary. To do this, simply phone MySchool on 0860 100 445 or visit www.myschool.co.za.
Frequently asked questions
Is it possible to support more than one beneficiary?
Yes. You can support up to 3 beneficiaries. Funds will be split equally between the beneficiaries.
I already have a card. Do I need a new one?
No. Simply change your beneficiary. Just phone MySchool on 0860 100 445 or visit www.myschool.co.za.
How do I link my MySchool supporter and Woolworths card so that I only need to swipe one card at Woolworths stores?
MySchool card holders automatically qualify to be a part of the Woolworths WRewards programme.
Woolworths cards aren’t automatically linked to MySchool though. To link your Woolworths card to support a MySchool beneficiary contact MySchool on 0860 100 445.
Remember you can only use your Woolworths card at Woolworths stores, but your MySchool card can be used at various partners.
EVERY SWIPE COUNTS – JOIN TODAY!
“Receive the children in reverence, educate them in love, and send them forth in freedom.”
“For every one step that you take in the pursuit of higher knowledge, take three steps in the perfection of your own character.”
“Activities demanding manual and bodily skill, such as knitting, leads to the enhancement of the faculty of judgement.”